About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I'm Julia! I sew and design fabric and go on food adventures!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Roxanne Obsession

I am a little obsessed with the Roxanne top by Victory Patterns.

It's perfect for hot LA weather, so after wearing my original out of a lovely cotton chambray...



I wear it a LOT, so much that I decided that I had to make a second!



For the redux, I used a print from Tula Pink's Salt Water collection, lace for the back yolk, and a Dear Stella cotton solid for the collar.





I also shortened the back a little bit, but it's still plenty long.



I have a hard time with a summer wardrobe because I love layering, and I hate being hot. Los Angeles has been an exercise in perseverance over perspiration (how do Angelinos keep makeup on???)




I think that sleeveless cotton tops are going to be a major part of my wardrobe from here-on out.


No comments:

Post a Comment