About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
I'm Julia! I sew and design fabric and go on food adventures!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Strange Days

The past few months for me have been a strange mix of elation and deep turmoil. A lot is changing in my life, as it is apt to do when you're 23, I guess. Confusion and regret are just part of moving on and trying new things.

At the end of the day we'll all make it through with the help of good friends.

First let me say that I have fallen in love with Colette's Laurel pattern. I had always assumed that a shift dress like the Laurel would be unflattering on me, but I have made 3 so far. This one is made of a cotton sateen that I printed clocks and keys on. 

I'm preparing to enter into a design program (which involves moving to LA, accumulating debt, and breaking off a part of the Santa Cruz part of me, yikes!), so I'm trying to spend this summer finding my voice, which has resulted in some interesting things...







Is this biologist crazy to go to art school? Am I making a huge mistake? Haha, well, I guess I'll have to find out the hard way. All I know is that I'm not where I want to be in life, and if I'm going to course-correct, the time is now. Maybe its stupid, but the time to be dumb is when you're young and still have time to fix your mistakes.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Following your passion is never a mistake. Sure it might not be the easy road, but the easy road leads to a lot of regret.
    You are awesome and talented and you will KICK ASS! And I hope you remember me when you get famous. :D

    ReplyDelete